Minutes of Annual General Meeting, 19th April 2001
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting: The minutes of the AGM of 17th April 2000 were approved subject to noting that at minute 4 Prof. Charles Goldie should be shown as being from the University of Sussex.
4. Matters arising: Agreed after discussion to recommend to the Committee that HODOMS Annual Conferences should continue to take place independently of any other conferences.
5. Chairman's Report: Prof. Houston's report was presented and is appended to these minutes.
6. Treasurer's Report: This was not yet ready, but the Chair reported that HODOMS finances continue to be healthy and that a report would be circulated soon to all HODOMS members.
7. Election of Officers: Officers were elected as follows for a period of 2 years in each case:
Chair: Prof. C Goldie (Sussex)
Vice-Chair: Prof. Nigel Steele (Coventry)
Secretary: Dr N Challis (Sheffield Hallam)
Treasurer: Prof. M Everett (Greenwich)
8. Election of Committee Members: Members were elected as follows, for a period of 2 years in each case:
Dr M Angelova (Northumbria)
Prof. P Giblin (Liverpool)
Mr W Middleton (Sunderland)
Prof. D Stirling (Reading)
Prof. A Wickstead (Belfast)
The Committee therefore now comprises:
Prof. C Goldie (Chair) Retires 2003
Prof. N Steele (Vice-Chair) Retires 2003
Dr N Challis (Secretary) Retires 2003
Prof. M Everett (Treasurer) Retires 2003
Prof. K Houston (Retiring Chair) Retires 2003
Prof. D Fearn Retires 2002
Dr M Angelova Retires 2003
Prof. P Giblin Retires 2003
Mr W Middleton Retires 2003
Prof. D Stirling Retires 2003
Prof. A Wickstead Retires 2003
Dr. M Dodson (LMS) Co-opted
Dr. A Lepper (IMA) Co-opted
Prof. T Sweeting (RSS) Co-opted
9. A.O.B. The meeting thanked Prof. Houston for his work as Chairman of HODOMS over the previous two years.