Heads of Department of Mathematical Sciences
2008 Annual Conference, 7th - 8th April
Lucas House, University of Birmingham Conference Park
- Boosting the contribution of Mathematics - a Government perspective; John Neilson, Director of the Research Base, Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS) (Neilson.ppt)
- EPSRC - Mathematical Sciences Programme; David Harman, Katharine Bowes, Mark Bambury and Janet Edwards (Harman.ppt)
- Promoting effective learning of mathematics: a national perspective; Claire Hoyles, Director, National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (Hoyles.ppt)
- Imagining mathematicians: issues of gender; Heather Mendick (Mendick.ppt)
- Seeking the views of the Mathematical Sciences Community; Michael Grove and Bill Cox, Maths, Stats AND OR Network, Birmingham and Aston Universities (Grove.ppt)
- more maths grads - multiplying opportunities; Makham Singh, Project Manager, Birmingham University (MMGSingh.ppt)
- more maths grads - Promoting maths; Dr Vivien Easson, Queen Mary University of London (MMGEasson.ppt)
- more maths grads; David Arrowsmith, Queen Mary University of London (MMGArrowsmith.ppt)
- more maths grads: HE Curriculum Theme; Neil Challis, Mike Robinson and Mike Thomlinson (Sheffield Hallam University) (MMGChallis.ppt)
- Engineering Professors' Council; Professor Fred Maillardet (Maillardet.ppt)
HoDoMS Home page
These pages are maintained by Dr Gareth Woods, a teaching fellow at Aston University. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
Last changed: 15th February 2017.